So, as much as I would like to deny it, I turned 30! About a month before my birthday, I found a calendar on my car, taunting of the impending day! Over time, I also received some other notes telling me what to pack and when to be ready.
The night before the mystery trip, I came home to find "30" balloons and with them was a blindfold and a note explaining that at a certain time I needed to put it on so Michael could lead me out to the car. When that time came, I blindfolded myself and Michael, not so gently, led me out to the car. (He guided me into the bushes and his truck.) When I got in the front seat, I could feel streamers all around me!
We started on our trek, the two of us, I still blindfolded, when he took my hand (his other hand on the steering wheel) and then I was grabbed from someone else behind me! It turns out our great friends, Briana and Jason, were going with us and Briana was behind all the surprises! Here are some pics from the great trip!
My countdown!
My balloons and blindfold!
Briana got us into a suite at the Hyatt Regency
of San Francisco! We were on the 17th floor! Michael
was freaking out when Jason was hanging out the window!
Michael hates heights! His palms sweat just thinking of it!
TV IN the mirror! How cool is that?!
Look how brave he is!
View from our room!
View from the Carnelian Room Restaurant...52 stories up!
That would be the Transamerica Pyramid sticking up
View of Alcatraz from the restaurant
View of the Golden Gate Bridge
Having a great time! We got a crab roll for an appetizer
and we both got tableside ceasar salads and steak.
He got the filet and I ordered the New York. Then for
dessert we had a wonderful chocolate souffle, a
raspberry souffle, and crepes! (OK...so we shared the
dessert with Bre and Jason!) Dinner cost about half of
the cost of the mortgage for our condo! Not typical for
us, but it was such an awesome experience!
Briana and Jason
View at night...
The Famous Lombard Street
San Francisco's Crookedest Street
At the Golden Gate Bridge
For my sis...
At Domain Carneros Winery in Napa,
our favorite place! Also, where Bre and Jay
were engaged!
Before...
After...
Silly me!
At Artesa Winery in Napa
On the Wine Train
At V. Sattui Winery in Napa
Ledson Winery & Vineyards in Sonoma
Michael and Jason doing their part to help "stress"
the grapes!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Mystery Birthday Weekend Getaway to San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Sonoma County!
Posted by Stephy T at 5:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment